Palm oil in the normal state is a composition of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. The composition is known as palmitic acid (44.0%) and oleic acid at 39.2% is usually found in palm oil.
Both are strongly attached to the glycerol backbone, forming a variety of triacylglycerols. The palm oil fractionation divides the low and high melting triacylglycerols into two types that are olein and stearin.
Palmitic (37.9–41.7%) and oleic acid (40.7–43.9%) made up palmolein. On the other hand, palm stearin has palmitic acid (47.2–73.8%) and oleic acid (15.6–37.0%) respectively.
Most of the monounsaturated fatty acids found in palmolein were located in the glycerol backbone whereas the rest are largely occupied by saturated fatty acids.
Quick facts on plam oil acids:
- This product is a by-product while producing palm oil
- Largely used for soap, detergent, and biodiesel manufacturing
- The countries with huge demand for palm oil acids are Bangladesh, Japan, South Korea and China
Below are the product details:
- FFA: Max 60%
- Moisture & Impurity: Max 2%
- Packing: 20 ft container with flexi-bag
- Country of origin: Malaysia
- Port of loading: Malaysia Port Klang or Penang port
- Production/Delivery Capability: Quantity available 2,000 MT/month